Airmail

My husband made the design of this postman bag. I love to bring some 'little' stuff in it as the inside material is so soft and clean (should be for laptop and all).
Well, the bag's remembering me a lot about Mr. Postman of my childhood that I did not know the name. I just loved it when he pops in on the front door and brings me letters from my friends or cousins back in the 90's. What a lovely memory! He teased me one day, I ran over approaching him with super confident that he would hand over some letters to me as usual. He smiled and gave me some plain envelopes usually delivered to my parent's (my friends and cousins would always use very colorful ones). Then I asked him where mine is, he said that day was no letter for me. I was a bit surprised because there's no way he came without any letters for me (I went to post office almost every day to post letter). I was just too disappointed, my cheerio face turned gloomy in all of sudden. Well, remember friend, that decade or more specific that moment in time, letters was absolutely such an important thing. (Oh! The stamps, few words, long words, envelopes, post office, postman, and the personal way of communication: Hand writing! that's the most awesome thing!)
Then I thought I should go back inside to put down my parent's letters, I smiled sadly thanking the postman and about to turn around. He grinned and took something out from his bag: My letters!!! I came back and took them with a bunch of joy, 'here's yours' amusingly he said. I couldn't believe it that he was just teasing me around, I really thought a man like him (I mean who is on his working hour) wouldn't do something like that to some people. I couldn't hate him, I mean hate the situation, turns out I liked it when he did it. Hahaha.. such a good (d)(w)ay to receive a precious letters.

Oh, we didn't have any letter box on our yard, so, had to take it myself or found letters on the floor by the door :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram